Codeigniter is a MVC Framework
What is MVC ?
MVC Stands for Model, View and Controller
- Model work as back-end.
- Model deals with back-end operations.
- Fetch data from database and send to controller
- View work as front-end.
- View deals with fronted operations.
- Display data and capture user action
- Send user action to controller
Controller works as intermediater between model and view.
Advantage of MVC
- Reduce code felxibilty
- Code Reusability
- Easy to manage
- Code readabilty
What is framework ?
Framework is a collection of reusable libraries. which mean how to reuse the code.
why we use codeigniter
- Lightweight(consumer low memory)
- Easy to learn
- Good documentation (https://www.codeigniter.com/docs)
How to install codeigniter
Download the code from https://www.codeigniter.com/
Extract the zip file and paste in the root directory
Rename the directory(if you want)
run the codeigniter (https://localhost/directory_name)